So I'm sure most everyone has heard about this whole Rapture business. But what you may not know is it's also my birthday today. I really like being born May 21st. It's always had a nice ring to it for some reason. I can see why Jesus would want to take us up to heaven on this day. It makes sense to me.
The good thing about my birthday is that it often falls on the long weekend. The bad thing about my birthday is that it often falls on the long weekend. I've had some pretty disappointing birthdays in the past - family and friends going camping (without me) on my birthday and leaving me with pretty much no one. Don't you feel sorry for me? I know, it's a sad story.
But I've also had some pretty momentous birthdays too. And in honour of this extremely momentous birthday (what, with being caught up in God's glory and all), I thought I would make a list of some of the best ones, in no particular order, of course.
1. Chris and my first kiss was on my 18th birthday, just after the clock had struck midnight. A ministry school teacher of ours always said "Nothing good happens after midnight." and he's probably right. But it was a very sweet kiss.
2. My 21st birthday was a weekend up at Clear Lake with my in-laws (Heath, I believe you were at this one!) and then we went to the city for the night with my sister and her family. This birthday was a great example of me being INCLUDED in someone's long weekend plans ;)
3. My 22nd birthday, I was speechless. We had cheesesteaks, fries and an ice cream cake with the family we were living with in North Carolina and then Chris gave me a present that left me speechless. It was a CD, a purse, SUNSCREEN and A SHAVER. Whoa. I think we were all speechless.
4. My 24th birthday was one of the best. Me, Chris, and three really great friends all went to Charleston for the weekend. We did a pub crawl the first night, where I believe I ended the night dancing to "Yeah!" by Usher in our hotel room; laid on the Isle of Palms the entire second day and got pretty burnt; then had a wonderful supper that night to cap it off. It was perfect weather and I love Charleston and we had the perfect group of friends.
5. When we lived in Russia, my 27th birthday was spent making our way to Carl's Jr. which is sort of (or maybe the same?) as Hardee's. It was the only one like it in all of St. Pete's and it was such a North American treat. Free refills (only IKEA had free refills other than them!) and Mayo on-tap (which, if you know me at all, is a pretty big deal). And then that evening, if I remember correctly, we told everyone back home I was pregnant with Ruby! It doesn't get much better than that.
6. My 30th birthday was pretty much awesomeness. First off, we were in England and Morocco the beginning of May and then once we were home I had TWO surprise parties - one with my family in the city and the other with all of my dearest friends at the VBerg's. I LOVE surprises. Love. And all of the effort that everyone put in, in order to keep a surprise, made me feel so loved. I felt like, (and still do!) like I am incredibly blessed with wonderful friends all around me who love me and accept me for me and then a family who does the same. What could be better?
7. And then there's this one. I had two amazing birthday suppers this week from both my moms. It's raining but that's good news for me and Lise (no duplex today!) and then we are going out for supper with the BFFs and their luvas. Chris claims he bought me a "top three of all time" present so I'm dying to know what that is! AND we all might get to go to heaven. It doesn't get any better than that! ;)
1 comment:
I love camping.
Post a Comment