Saturday, January 3, 2009

My little baby is turning 1!

From Tiny Bundle:

To Big Stinker:

A year ago today, I met the most beautiful, smart, goofy, charming little girl. She was an answer to so many prayers - I think about the years that we waited for this precious one. I think about disappointment after disappointment after disappointment and really wanting to give up trying. But we didn't - and God certainly didn't give up on the promise He had made to us. I think about going into her room for the last 365 days and looking at a smiling, glowing little face who is eager to tell me about her "soozy" or her blankie or just jump up and down in joy. I think about how my heart feels likes it's just going to explode when she laughs. And I think about how my heart does explode when she gives me one of her giant hugs.

And there is not one ounce of my being that is not so grateful for her. This past year, for all it's ups and downs, high and lows, joys and sorrows, she has been my overwhelming joy through it all.


Happy Birthday to one Precious Gem.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a joy-giver. She'll always be platypus to me.

Gina said...

She's so cute Crystal! Hope she had a good Birthday!

Lise said...

oh Ruby.

Cheryl said...

Oh Crystal, that is so nice. I am so happy for you guys that you have this precious little girl in your life. She is truely a gift from God and we love her dearly. Never take for granted that you had the 365 day opportunity to see. that, my sister, is also a huge blessing.