Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Cleaning - Ruby style

Spring has kinda sprung. And with it, comes spring cleaning. I don't really enjoy spring cleaning all that much and I thought I could use a little help this year. And I just finished reading a parenting book which encourages parents to get their children involved in daily household chores. So I coaxed Rubster into helping me. It's never too early, right? She was a little reluctant. She had a busy winter and needed a little R&R but I managed to twist her arm. We put on our rubber gloves and got to work.

Here she is dusting the shelf. She insisted on using the Swiffer although I prefer the old fashioned 'Pledge and Rag' method. Oh well, suit yourself, Rubster.
This is her washing up after we had our mid-day cleaning snack. She was hungry, let me tell you! And lastly she finished off the day with the laundry, although I must say, it doesn't appear as though she's working very hard. She had a long, hard day and she still has a smile on her face. What a trooper, Rubs.

By the end of the day, she was pretty exhausted. Great job, Rubster. Can't wait until summer and a little bit of weeding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Rubster, you just made one Auntie very proud. Can you guess who?

Heather said...

no words.. just cuteness. seriously i love that little rubster and her mom is pretty special too and did i mention hot looking... yowsayz.

Lisa said...

yowsayz is right.

Hey Rubes - will you help me clean my house? I'll give you a quarter.